Rehabilitative Exercises are a treatment method typically designed for patients before or after surgery to help restore function and movement while also promoting healing and pain relief. It can help patients of all ages with medical conditions, illnesses, or injuries that limit their abilities to function normally. It also helps encourage active and healthy lifestyle changes to improve overall health and well-being. But, even if you’re not scheduled for surgery or healing from an injury, incorporating stretching and strengthening movements into your daily routine can really help relax tense muscles, reduce aches, and make you feel better overall.
Benefits of physical therapy include:
- Strengthens and stretches muscles and joints
- Aids in the recovering from or prevention of sports-related injuries
- Aids in the recovering from a major surgery
- Helps manage age-related issues such as arthritis
- Improves overall function and mobility
- Improves outcomes by helping you reach your goals and return to your daily activities
What health conditions do we treat with rehabilitation exercise?
- Back and neck pain
- Pelvic pain
- Hip, knee, ankle and shoulder pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sports injuries
- Chronic pain
- Chronic fatigue
- Balance problems
- Coordination problems
How can we help you?
At Wholistic Pain Relief Center we know that exercise rehabilitation is one of the most effective ways to treat and prevent all kinds of pain problems. Physiotherapists at Wholistic Pain Relief Center are skilled in identifying and optimizing movement patterns (habits that a person develops in the way that they move) through specifically tailored exercise programs. Little steps are often needed to overcome obstacles. We will coach you to gradually get relaxed, mobile, strong and active to achieve your goals.
Understand your pain
- It is important to understand why you have pain and the factors contributing to it. We will also determine if your condition has any risks for exercise.
Understand your body and develop the confidence to get moving and active
- We know that when people are in pain it can be really scary and difficult to relax, move and get active. We know that when the body is in pain it often goes into ‘protective mode’, some muscles tense up, others switch off, and movement and activity become painful. It is very common for people to avoid movements and activities when they have pain, however in the long run this usually leaves them more weak, tense and vulnerable. Our job is to help you relearn how to relax, move normally again, to get confidence back in your body, strong and to get active.
- Because of this we personalize exercise to each individual’s pain problem, level of pain sensitivity, mobility, confidence, fitness and strength, and goals. We also consider your accessibility and preferences for physical activity.
- We will make you aware of your body and why it is in pain. This allows for a graduated program in order to build confidence to get you back to doing the things you want and love to do. This often takes small steps first to build towards larger goals.
- For most people this process can take 8-12 weeks or even longer depending where they started and what their goals have.
- Everyone’s goals are unique. For some it’s to engage in living, for others it’s to play with their kids, participate in sports and work.
- Like a drug, exercise needs to be at the right dose to be effective!